Gujarat Free Smartphone Yojana in English: The state government of Gujarat has launched a yojana in which the government will provide financial assistance to farmers for purchasing smartphones. The name of this scheme is “Gujarat Free Smartphone Scheme 2021-2022”. Under this scheme, a Government Resolutions (GR) is issued by the state’s Agriculture, Farmers Welfare and Cooperation department.
According to this Government Resolution, any farmer in Gujarat who is having their own land can apply for the financial assistance of 10% of the smartphone’s cost but not exceeding the price of Rs. 1500. In this article, we will be providing information on How to apply for Gujarat Free Smartphone Scheme online, its benefits, and eligibility criteria.
Gujarat Phone Scheme Overview
A short highlight detail of the Gujarat Phone Scheme for farmers is given below:
|Name of the Scheme||Free Smartphone Scheme for Farmers|
|Started By||Gujarat State Government|
|Benefits||Financial help for buying an smartphone|
|Financial amount Benefit||Rs. 1500|
|Official Website Portal||https://ikhedut.gujarat.gov.in/|
Gujarat Smartphone Scheme Apply Online
For Gujarat Smartphone Yojana Registration 2021 online, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website https://ikhedut.gujarat.gov.in/ of Ikhedut portal.
- On the homepage, click on “Gujarat Smartphone Yojana for Farmers”.
- A registration form will appear where you need to fill all the details.
- Upload all the required documents.
- In the end, click on the submit button.
By following the above steps, your registration for Gujarat Smart Scheme Online will be completed.
Gujarat Farmers Smartphone Scheme Benefits
The benefits of Gujarat Kisan Muft Mobile Phone Yojana are listed below:
- The assistance of Rs. 1500 will be given to the farmers of Gujarat to buy a new Smartphone under this Yojana.
- With the help of Gujarat Smartphone Farmers Yojana, the government is trying to digitise India.
- This is a very good initiative towards the Digital India Movement.
- With the help of smartphones, farmers will have an easy access to latest technology and Internet.
- With the help of the Internet, farmers can take suggestions from the latest information.
- Farmers will be able to be aware of the latest development in farming techniques with the help of internet.
- This yojana can increase the productivity in farms which will help in the economy of India.
Gujarat Smartphone Yojana: Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant of Gujarat Free Smartphone Scheme must be a permanent citizen of Gujarat.
- Applicant needs to be a farmer by profession in order to take benefit of this Scheme.
- The person who is applying for Gujarat Smartphone Scheme must have their own land of agriculture.
- The applicant will get the financial aid of 10 percent of total amount of smartphone.
- At maximum, Rs.1500 will be provided by the government to purchase the smartphone.
Farmer Smartphone Scheme: Required Documents
The required documents for Gujarat Farmer Smartphone Scheme/Yojana are given below:
- Aadhar Card Copy.
- Permanent Residential Proof Certificate.
- Identity Proof.
- Passport size photograph.
- Land Record Certificate.
- Account Details.
- Working Mobile Number.
Points to Remember
There are certain points that you need to remember while applying for the Gujarat Smartphone Scheme 2021:
- This Yojana is introduced to encourage farmers to buy a smartphone.
- It will reduce the gap between farmers and technology.
- Only one member per joint farm will be able to get the benefit of this Yojana.
- As the application is approved for beneficiary, the farmer needs to submit certain documents such as:
- Smartphone purchase bill copy.
- Phone’s IMEI number.
- A cancelled cheque.
- Other required documents.
- With the help of the smartphone, farmers will be able to access agri-tech services.
- By accessing agri-tech services, farmers can increase their productivity and hence their farming income.
- With the help of the Smartphone, farmers can apply for various yojanas online introduced by the government.
- Farmers can be aware of the latest technology.
- The use of smartphone can help farmers in accessing important information such as:
- Weather forecast.
- Possible Pest information.
- Advanced farming techniques.
- Usage of technological tools.
- Expert opinions on personal level etc.
- Under Gujarat Smartphone Scheme, the financial assistance will be provided for the smartphone only. For other accessories such as earphones, powerbank etc. the assistance will not be provided by the government.
Gujarat Phone Scheme 2021: FAQ
- Who are eligible for the smartphone scheme for farmers?
The farmers of Gujarat state are eligible for this Yojana.
- What is Gujarat farmer’s smartphone scheme?
Under this scheme, the financial help will be provided by the government to the farmers for buying smartphones.
- What will be the financial help provided by the government under this scheme?
The government will provide the financial help of 10% of smartphone’s total cost or maximum Rs.1500.