The government of India has started and initiative to promote the enrolment of girl children who belong to SC/ST community and are studying in secondary school. The government of India launched the National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE) in order to reduce the dropout of SC/ST community girl children after the completion of their high school education. It has been seen that many girl children drop their studies in case they get failed in their high school examinations. This is a centrally sponsored scheme which falls under the NSIGSE scheme for transfer of maturity incentive payments. Here is the full information regarding how to apply for NSIGSE. You can download the National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education Application Form or the NSIGSE Scheme from here.
NSIGSE scheme scholarship 2020
It is advised to apply for the National scheme of incentive to girls for secondary education (NSIGSE) 2020 before the last date of application. The link for the application has been provided below so that students can apply directly on the official website. The scheme provides a sum of Rs.3000 to the eligible unmarried girls who are studying in the 9th section and they can withdraw it with interest after the passing of class 10th and attaining the 18 years of age. The girl should be unmarried and should be below 16 years of age as on 31st March on the joining of class 9th.
NSIGSE Scholarship 2020 Registration
|Scholarship Name||NSIGSE Scholarship 2020|
|Title||NSIGSE Scheme Scholarship 2020|
|Subject||MoHA, GOI has released NSIGSE Scholarship Registrations for 2020-2021|
|Scholarship issuing Agency||Ministry of Home Affairs|
|Scholarship Level||National Level|
|Abbreviation||MoHA NSIGSE Scholarship|
|Full-Form||Ministry of Education NSIGSE Scholarship|
|Name of the Department||Ministry of Education|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Scheme Closing Date||31-10-2020|
|Official Website||Click here (nsigse scholarship portal)|
In the recent notice by NSP it is been stated that all the district education officers under MHRD are informed that NSIGSE application for scholarship has been updated till 31 October 2020. Lets check the information regarding Important Dates, Documents Needed for application, national scheme of incentive to girl students form, NSIGSE application form pdf, How to apply, Benefits, etc.
NSIGSE Eligibility Criteria
There are various guidelines and eligibility criteria for the interested candidates of this scheme. Check the below given information properly before applying for the scholarship scheme.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The NSIGSE scheme covers (i) all-girls belonging to SC/ST communities who have cleared class 8th and (ii) all girls who pass 8th examination from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (irrespective of whether they belong to SC/ST) and enroll in class 9th in state/UT Government, Government-aided or local body schools.
- It is necessary that the applicant should be a female.
- The girl children should be below 16 years of age on 31st March on joining class 9th.
- Married students who are studying in private unaided schools which are run by central government KVS NVS and CBSE are not eligible for the scheme.
- You can also avail the benefit under the NSIGSE if you have applied for any other scholarship scheme too.
- In order to get the benefit under the scheme the girl children will have to register as a new user and then log in to apply for the incentive amount.
- You can submit 2 Applications by 1mobile only, if you are applying for pre-matric scholarship under the scheme.
- Choose PreMatric scholarship Category if you are studying in the 9th standard.
- The incentive amount along with interest is directly submit to the girl children account by following DBT Mode via PFMS platform.
Here is the list of documents that are needed for application for this scheme. As this scheme is online, you will have to upload it on the website. Lets check the documents needed.
- Domicile Certificate
- Income certificate issued by the Designated State or UT Authority
- Applicant’s Photograph
- Fee receipt of current course year.
- Self-attested certificate of Postvious academic mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card or Enrollment
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother or father
- Disability Certificate if have any.
NSIGSE Scholarship Apply Online
The NSIGSE application form can be filled by visiting the official website. Here are the steps for How to apply for National scheme of incentive to girls for secondary education:
- Firstly visit the official website of NSIGSE or directly Click here to apply online.
- Now on the Homepage, Click on “New User? Register”.
- Scroll down the page and click on “Continue”.
- Here enter your required details.
- Register yourself.
- Now an application id & password will be generated and displayed on your computer screen.
- An OTP will also be sent on your registered mobile number which you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and confirm.
- Now simply Fill the Application form with all your details.
- Click on “Final Submit” and submit the application form.
- Congratulations you have applied for the NSIGSE scheme.
Q. Who comes under under this scheme?
A. All girls from SC/ST community who have cleared class 8th and are unmarried. (i) All-girls belonging to SC/ST communities who have cleared class 8th and (ii) all girls who pass 8th examination from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas (irrespective of whether they belong to SC/ST) and enroll in class 9th in state/UT Government, Government-aided or local body schools.
Q. What is eligibility for the scholarship scheme?
A. The major eligibility which is required is that the girl children should be below 16 years of age on 31st March on joining class 9th.