PM Lighthouse Project 2021: The Union Urban Ministry has launched an ambitious scheme which is known as the lighthouse project. This aims at providing valuable and sustainable housing keeping to the people of our country. This has been kept in mind with pointers like local climate and ecology too. by this scheme people will get strong and sustainable houses which will be built by using special techniques. On the occasion of New Year, the honorable Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi laid the foundation of this unique scheme – the lighthouse projects in six states of our country. These states are Agartala (Tripura), Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), Ranchi (Jharkhand), Indore (Madhya Pradesh), Rajkot (Gujarat), and Chennai (Tamil Nadu). This scheme will come under global housing technology challenge India GHTC – India. Information regarding the Lighthouse project 2021 (lighthouse project government of India) has been given below.
What is Lighthouse project?
The lighthouse project aims at providing sustainable houses that are strong to the people of our country. It is an ambitious scheme of the government of India led by the Union Urban Ministry of India. The Union Urban Ministry has 6 states for the lighthouse project, which are Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Tripura, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu. The aim of the scheme is to build strong houses at affordable prices using special techniques for the people. In this project, beam-columns and panels will be prepared in the factory and then will be brought to the site where the building is being constructed. By this, the cost of the project will be very less and strong houses will be provided to the people which will be earthquake resistant. The full carpet area under the light house scheme is 34.50 m². So 14 story towers will be built in the scheme and a total number of 1040 flats will be made in which each flat will be of 41 5 ft.²
|LHP LOCATION||TECHNOLOGY SELECTED||NUMBER OF HOUSES TO BE CONSTRUCTED|
|Indore (Madhya Pradesh)||Prefabricated Sandwich Panel System||1024|
|Agartala (Tripura)||Light Gauge Steel Structural System & Pre-engineered Steel Structural System||1000|
|Rajkot (Gujarat)||Monolithic Concrete Construction||1144|
|Chennai (Tamil Nadu)||Precast Concrete Construction System- Precast components assembled at site||1152|
|Ranchi (Jharkhand)||Precast Concrete Construction System-3D Precast Volumetric||1008|
|Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)||Stay In-place Formwork System||1040|
GSTC – India challenge will have 50 companies that will work on the innovative technologies in order to build sustainable homes for the beneficiaries. Different sorts of technologies will be used in six locations. For instance in Indore the houses will not have bricks, the prefabricated sandwich panel will be used for this. In Rajkot, the French monolithic concrete construction technology Will be used to make homes. In Chennai, a precast concrete system will be used, from the United States and Finland. In Ranchi, the 3-D construction system from Germany will be used. In Agartala, New Zealand’s steel frame technology will be used. In Lucknow, technology from Canada will be used to make strong houses that are disaster resilient.
Cost of the Houses
The cost of the house is under this scheme has said to be around Rs.12.59 lakhs in which the amount of Rs.7.83 lakhs will be provided by the central and state government as an aid. The rest of the amount that is 4.76 lakhs will have to be paid by the beneficiaries. The flats will be allotted as per the PMAY-Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban). As this scheme will be using the latest technology, the Best techniques will be used to make houses for the beneficiaries. The construction work will be completed in a year. This is a unique and innovative project in which prefabricated materials for construction will be used. This will make the houses more durable and environmentally friendly. The union housing and urban affairs ministry asked various states and union territories to select six locations for the light House projects under GHTC – India in the year 2017. This is why these six states have been selected under the scheme. The states and union territories with the highest marks have been selected first for this project.
Some of the important features of the scheme are as follows:
- The lighthouse project will provide 1000 houses with an alternate technology which will provide resistance from geo-climatic and Hazard conditions. This housing project will provide ready to live houses with high speed, cost efficiency, and best quality of construction to the beneficiaries.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana urban will provide guidelines to the minimum size of houses constructed under LHP.
- In LHB the constructed housing will include on-site infrastructure development which will include pathways, internal Road, green areas, water supply, boundary walls, sewerage, drainage, rainwater harvesting, external electrification, solar lighting, etc.
- The house is under LSP will be made with the dimensional requirements as per the national building code (NBC) 2016 with proper ventilation, proper storage, orientation, proper aesthetics, keeping the climatic conditions of the location in mind, etc.
- During the designing of LHP on each site other central sponsored schemes such as smart cities, AMRUT, Swachh Bharat (U), national urban livelihood Mission, Ujala, Ujjwala, make in India will be converged.
- The scheme will ensure that the structural details will be designed in a way so that the durability and safety of applicable loads which includes earthquakes, floods, and cyclones with other natural Calamities are according to the Indian/international standards.
- Water supply, drainage, and rainwater harvesting, renewable energy sources with a special focus on solar energy might be included in the cluster design of the scheme.
- If the technology providers successfully complete the construction of LHP within the time period of 15 months of the contract (which include three months of preparing relevant drawings and taking all statutory approval from various agencies in the state with 12 months of the period for the actual construction) Will be rewarded with USD 20,000 each. The early completion of the LSP will also result in an additional incentive. For this the technology provider will have to complete the LHB in less than 12 months, this will get them a higher bonus of USD 2000 for each month less than the stipulated time period of 12 months.
- The existing guidelines of PMAY (U) must be followed in order to know the subsequent allotment of the constructed houses under LHP to the eligible beneficiaries in the state/UTs.
How to Apply for Lighthouse Project Scheme
The application under this scheme can be done as per the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban. An open lottery will be conducted by the district urban development authority. By this, the flats will be allotted in a year to the beneficiaries who have applied under the scheme.
PM Modi also tweeted:
On the first day of 2021, will be taking part in a programme aimed at transforming India’s urban landscape. Will lay the foundation stone of Light House Projects and distribute PMAY (Urban) and ASHA-India awards. Join Live at 11 AM. https://t.co/Eu3qx8xRVC
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 31, 2020
There are many queries created to this scheme such as lighthouse project meaning (lighthouse project kya hai), dry run meaning, global housing technology challenge, prefabricated sandwich panel system, upsc, and GHTC India. Information for all of these has been stated above for our viewers.
Note: All the information stated above has been taken from the internet. We do not take responsibility for the content given above in order to know proper information regarding the scheme you should visit the official portal of the scheme which is https://ghtc-india.gov.in/Content/LHP.html.